Friday, October 31, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 31 October 2014


Everything is temporary. All these things we carry along with us from place to place--they're all temporary.
Can we begin to see that, understand that, without a sense of panic?
From that understanding will come great peace, a knowing, a nod to transcience.
Do not get too attached to your life.
Hold it lightly.
With great love.
Sweet dreams.
[Patti Digh, Project 137]

This has always presented me with confusion, the transience of Life. It is like I am supposed to “figure out” a thing, but then I just move on to the next thing. And try to figure that one out. And on it goes.

I look for resolution and forget that Life is like a river, flowing. It doesn’t stay in one place too long so I am learning NOT to DO that inside of me. Yet it’s like the ocean, too, and the tides come in and go out and never seem to mind all that change.

Sometimes I forget. Sometimes I want to sort it all out, get it in order, and, well, fix whatever it is I perceive is “broken” or NOT working as it “should” BE. But Life is NOT about should or broken. We’re all just fine as we are and as we are NOT. And yes, everything is temporary.


I love you, Currie

No comments: