Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 15 October 2014


Sometimes, when you don’t know the answer to a question that keeps playing over and over again in your mind, it’s because you’re messing with the wrong question. [www.tut.com Perpetual Calendar 15 October]

Sometimes I know just what this means… and I’ve found that I tend to DO this characteristically, and canNOT see any reason for either the shame this has supposedly brought on me, or the way I have invaded Life with my intensity to “BE Right” no matter what “prisoners” were taken in the process.

And I just don’t want to explain, elaborate, or even talk about things, like my health decisions and related sorts of matters, with anyone whose intention is to correct, persuade, or “re-educate” me.

OR… with anyone who wants to BE my intimate. An odd word, perhaps, but it is exactly what I am talking about.

I embrace my Solitude and I finally love myself. Enough.

I am deeply grateful to those friends and family who take the time to think of me, ask about me, pray for me, and, in a variety of ways, include me in their lives. I am continually amazed by the medical people I have encountered. In ways, they are my “intimates” of this Time in my LIfe.

And this is, quite clearly, just my Life unfolding.

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

drew said...

Currie,
Your artwork today is lovely I like the simplicity — clean, clear, certain (mirroring your sentiment today, too).

Carol said...

I agree with what Drew said. Love today's art and sending you much LOVE and STRENGTH.

Rita said...

I have found there are times when people commiserating or giving advice without any personal even vaguely related knowledge is somehow annoying and even upsetting. Don't tell me you know how I feel or what I should do if you haven't been told your baby is dying, if you haven't been beaten and raped, if you haven't ever lost everything or lived on the streets, if you haven't been in a seriously unhealthy relationship, if you have never lived in constant pain...etc, etc. I know there are always people who have it worse, but it's the ones who have no clue what you are living through and have it better that can cause you to shut your ears and avoid them--LOL! That's just natural, I guess. They mean well and wish they could help...but sometimes nobody can...and it helps to talk to someone who has at least been in the trenches. ;) Don't feel guilty about it. Like I said--you're a strong woman. :):)