Thursday, October 30, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 30 October 2014


Another way to be prepared is to think negatively. Yes, I'm a great optimist. but, when trying to make a decision, I often think of the worst case scenario. I call it 'the eaten by wolves factor.' If I do something, what's the most terrible thing that could happen? Would I be eaten by wolves? One thing that makes it possible to be an optimist, is if you have a contingency plan for when all hell breaks loose. There are a lot of things I don't worry about, because I have a plan in place if they do.    [Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture]

It’s funny how that works. Flipping positive and negative, using a Plan BE. I’ve tried to adopt a similar approach and while I wouldn’t say I am wholly comfortable with it all the time, I’m finding it works well enough for my purposes.

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.   [Octavia Butler]
I know it’s hard for people to understand me lately. I’m pretty cornfuzzled myself.

Still, I am grateful my friends know how to BE friends.

I love you, Currie


1 comment:

Carol said...

"Lost-Confused & Disoriented" is a constant state of being in my world....no wonder we relate so well :) LOVE YA ♥