Friday, October 3, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 3 October 2014


Wounds heal. Scars fade. Awful memories can be overwritten with better ones if given the chance. The little imperfections of our psyches become overshadowed by the people whose love we cherish because they cherish us despite our faults; physical, emotional, spiritual, or otherwise. This thing we call the human condition with all its bittersweet blind corners and senseless humor evolves from within ourselves and not because of some pre-ordained reverie we desire to cast in the constellations.
All in all it is what makes life worth living.  
[August Clearwing, Never Have I Ever]

Seems a lot of people are asking me Now What?! regarding my having completed the radiation and chemo I agreed to try when this rollercoaster pulled out of loading.

I don’t know. I don’t like speculation conversations. I’m just hoping for a little more Time With Energy Enough. To walk with Gracie. To dance and BE silly. To enJOY stuff that I canNOT abide “under the influence” of chemo.

I’m turning into Sally from When Harry Met Sally. I ordered yet another creative meal in the dining room at Mum’s yesterday. I kind of like it. Creating like I breathe. Living with all this without BEing pissed or pissy.

I’m Living just this day. Right Now.

Even “different” is enough. Riding my starbeam of energy.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

drew said...

Keep on, Currie.
Keep on.

Rita said...

Ride that starbeam, Baby! Tomorrow comes soon enough. No decisions today. :) :)