Monday, August 4, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 4 August 2014


We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are. [Bill Watterson]

Well, sometimes we’re looking ahead. Me, sometimes I am staring in that rear view mirror. I am pretty much an expert at BEing anywhere BUT Right Here Right Now.

Which is where writing BEcomes such a gift. And BEing quiet. And walking. Even making art.

Practising Gratitude has taught me so much about myself and what I thinkandfeel about Life in the World. While my Gratitude does NOT look the same as others, that isn’t even the point.

It is the habit. The reflex. The built-in bent toward all that is Right Now and BEing unafraid to take it out and look at it.

With eyes of Gratitude. With compassion. Without judgments or opinions or labels like good or bad.

Some of my days lately have really pulled at me impatiently. This is why I am making it a point to write each day. Having abandoned two things I wanted to pull together has given me space to see where I was getting ahead of Right Now and where I was stuck thinking about the Past. That which canNOT BE changed.

Only my mind can change about that. Which is one of Gratitude’s greatest gifts.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love the art!!!! It speaks volumes of wisdom ♥ Sending you healing vibes ♥