Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 12 August 2014


In the story of Moses and the burning bush… Yahweh says, “Take off your shoes. Come no nearer.” God is not calling Moses to enmeshment or loss of his own self. Yahweh is telling Moses, “I know who I am, and you are about to enter into an experience of the sacred with me, but stand your ground. Come no nearer.” God honors the other as distinct. So love is not absorption, love is not a martyr complex where you let other people use you. When you know your inherent divine identity, you are truly ready to participate in the sacred dance of intimacy.  [Richard Rohr, Adapted from Intimacy: The Divine Ambush]

My Life has been rich with deeper understandings of things. I enJOY the learning process. It’s as essential to me as breathing.

I’ve struggled with relationship all my Life. I’ve tried to fit and felt much too different to manage it.

On the other hand, perhaps I didn’t understand the value of standing my ground. Of acknowledging my differentnesses without labelling them good, bad, right, wrong, actually without calling them ANYTHING!!!

I’ve never known the clarity of moving from outside to inside. It’s always seemed as mercurial as it’s been elusive.

Yet Now I know what it means to “stand my ground.” To simply BE Currie.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the message here !!! So happy you have come to this place. Sending you Healing thoughts and lots and lots of love!

Rita said...

I think of standing my ground as staying true to my own inner spiritual compass. The rest of the world's opinions don't matter. ;)