Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 19 August 2014


On your track to success, never forget that you are crossing many rivers. Yes you are! And each of those rivers contain crocodiles that may attempt to intimidate you. Never be afraid; sail on and you will get there. [Israelmore Ayivor]

Sometimes I will call something that happens something other than a success. A mess. A mistake. Altogether wacky bananas. But my labelling doesn’t really change anything. Except my attitude. Every success involves mess. Mistakes. And wacky bananas are good for far more than slip-sliding on…

Chemo is like crossing a river. There are crocodiles. There is an intimidation factor. And there is fear that some new weirdness will BEcome permanent. And still, when I embrace my feelings of fear and intimidation, I realise that I CAN and I CHOOSE TO carry on.

At this point I find myself thinking, it’s NOT so bad. Last time was worse and I got through that. But that stuff doesn’t matter so much as accepting that everything is what is and rewriting the scenes or altering the plot is only a way of passing the time.

Sailing on looks like showing up for whatever is up Right Now. Even though I am scared. Even though I don’t know HOW. Even if it feels entirely wrong-footed and definitely wrong-handed.

One then another…


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sending waves of strength.

Rita said...

Me, too! :) :)