Saturday, August 16, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 16 August 2014


I don’t know why life isn’t constructed to be seamless and safe, why we make such glaring mistakes, things fall so short of our expectations, and our hearts get broken and our kids do scary things and our parents get old and don’t always remember to put pants on before they go out for a stroll. I don’t know why it’s not more like it is in the movies, why things don’t come out neatly and lessons can’t be learned when you’re in the mood for learning them, why love and grace often come in such motley packaging.  [Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith]

WOW. This time is quite different. Harder. Imposing. And yet easier too, I think.

It’s true, Life is messy and NOT given to considering my preferences.

Still, I can ride this. It might NOT feel like I can, but I can. Breathe in. Breathe out. Let Go.

I feel myself becoming the fearless person I have dreamt of being. Have I arrived? No. But I'm constantly evolving and challenging myself to be unafraid to make mistakes.  [Janelle Monae]

I don’t know that BEing fearless is all that. I think facing fear is how I have found strength I never imagined in myself.

I’m NOT DOing great, Right Now, but all is well.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

I think you're doing great. You're just not feeling great. ;)

Carol said...

I have to agree with Rita!!!! You are doing better than great!!! How you physically feel is just a hiccup to be dealt with. You have what it takes to deal with it and you are not alone. You are surrounded and enveloped in healing love and strength. Your Spirit has healed and is at Peace with you, what happens to your body at this point is just an inconvenience that will pass. Peace is with you my sister.
Sending you all the power I can ♥