Monday, June 9, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 9 June 2014


things fill from behind, from beneath, like well water. Similarly, the impulse to keep to yourself what you have learned is not only shameful, it is destructive. Anything you do not give freely and abundantly becomes lost to you. You open your safe and find ashes.   [Annie Dillard, The Writing Life]

I never really saw it this way. It’s always seemed like it was imperative to save for a rainy day, or to hold something back, just in case…

Think about what you alone know that no one else does. That one neat wonderful profound insight. It is fully yours. No one else on this planet of about six billion people understands it like you do.
Now, see if you can share it with someone. Bestow it, a gift of yourself.  
[Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration]

I’ve long BElieved that there is and never has been or will BE anyone exactly like ME, but when I see it in this light, when I consider that this is true for every single one of us, I am a little bit thrilled at it all.

In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority.    [Liz Armbruster]

This is one brilliant equation, eh?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I especially like that equation, too! :)