Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 11 June 2014


There ain't no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it.   [Kate DiCamillo, Because of Winn-Dixie]

There are some things that are so much an I knew that!!! but which nonetheless I forget again and again.

Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.   [Stephen King, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption: A Story from Different Seasons]

I love this. The sound of it inside of me. The whole scope of its sensibility inspires me.

What's the greater risk? Letting go of what people think - or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?   [Brene Brown]

I’m asking myself questions like this lately. I feel like a deer in headlights. I want to DO certain things and simultaneously I worry I might only BE DOing wrong things…

It is exhausting.


I love you, Currie

No comments: