Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 25 June 2014


Forgiveness is the name of love practiced among people who love poorly. The hard truth is that all people love poorly. We need to forgive and be forgiven every day, every hour increasingly. That is the great work of love among the fellowship of the weak that is the human family.   [Henri J.M. Nouwen]

Sometimes I have wondered at my purpose. I have questioned whether I am on the “right” track. And then I read this and I realise that much of the work of Life is in relationship. To people, of course, but also to things and ideas, experiences, and even to the Time of one’s Life.

I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded; not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.   [Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner]

I quite like the idea of forgiveness “budding.” After all, that is a lot how it feels inside. A tiny bloom determined to BE all it can BEcome. Hard as forgiving can feel, it’s so sweet on the other side.

Listen. Slide the weight from your shoulders and move forward. You are afraid you might forget, but you never will. You will forgive and remember.   [Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible]

You really WILL!!!

I love you, Currie


No comments: