Saturday, June 28, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 28 June 2014


“Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.  [ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit]

In a World where giving up seems like an option more of the time than I like to admit, I am glad that I choose to carry on. Mostly.

I am glad, too, that I can stop and rest when I need to.

You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.   [Tom Hiddleston]

I often think I know what is what. What’s coming. What’s next. If nothing else, the past 3 months have taught me how little what I know or think I know matters. It’s all about following the bouncing ball[s] and trusting the process.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.   [Lemony Snicket, Horseradish]

Amen.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the act of moving forward is really essential in living our lives :)