Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 24 June 2014


If you didn't remember something happening, was it because it never had happened? Or because you wished it hadn't?   [Jodi Picoult, Plain Truth]

Remembering is a peculious little human trait. It is the basis for all story. It’s mostly taken for granted, though sometimes I avoid it and those who practise remembering regularly.

I remember more and less at certain points. Sometimes I could have done more of it. At others, less would have been better. That’s probably mostly true.

In this sleepless night, as the darkness advances, look up at the sky and somehow remember that somewhere in this wide world, there are always people who love you, and people who need you. Because every person can't go on living alone.   [Ai Yazawa]

I feel very differently about living alone than ever BEfore in my Life. I remember BEing alone was NOT a cherished thing. That it was sort of a punishment [as in Go To Your Room].

As one relationship and then another and pretty much all of my relationships evaporated, I never realised that BEing alone was something I might seek out. Sometime…

I feel connected but NOT tied. It is nice. Like coming here. Sharing with “you” the thoughts dancing through Right Now. I like to come and “meet” you. Make sure you remember…


I love you, Currie

No comments: