Thursday, June 26, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 26 June 2014


Human freedom involves our capacity to pause between the stimulus and response and, in that pause, to choose the one response toward which we wish to throw our weight. The capacity to create ourselves, based upon this freedom, is inseparable from consciousness or self-awareness.   [Rollo May, The Courage to Create]

Heady stuff, perhaps, but I DO love this aspect of BEing Human. I always have a choice. Always!!

Whatever phase of life you are in, make time to pause and reflect where you are heading to. It is a good time to insert a comma now and realign yourself to your inner self before your life ends in a full stop.  [Roopleen]

Sometimes more than other times I remember I CAN pause. I CAN stop, change my emphasis, even change my whole mind and heart. I forget this. So often. So I am most deLIGHTed when I remember.

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.   [Guillaume Apollinaire]

Just BE Happy?! Imagine that!!!

The next time you see a spider web, please, pause and look a little closer. You'll be seeing one of the most high-performance materials known to man.   [Cheryl Hayashi]

Note to Self:  This wondrous World is so much richer and more deLIGHTing than YOU had previously BElieved.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Being adaptable has helped me get though life, that's for sure. Be the willow that bends with the wind, I guess, eh? :)