Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 4 June 2014


You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too--even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.  [Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie]

It’s something, trusting strangers. I just have to BElieve this is unfolding exactly as it is meant to. And that I will land, wherever I land, on my feet.

We are all mistaken sometimes; sometimes we do wrong things, things that have bad consequences. But it does not mean we are evil, or that we cannot be trusted ever afterward.  [Alison Croggon]

I’ve tended toward thinking I am no better than my worst mistakes, but I can’t say I’ve spent time thinking about DOing wrong or “evil” at all. Sure, I have had my seasons of “meanness” driving the bus, but mostly I have wanted to BE kind. And loving. Helpful. Trustworthy.

Do not lose hope — what you seek will be found. Trust ghosts. Trust those that you have helped to help you in their turn. Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story. (from 'Instructions')  [Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders]

Yes. Yes. Yes.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great artwork!
In my graduate work 101 - we had to do the excercise standing blindfolded in a circle and let yourself fall (trust someone would catch you) from person to person for some minutes:)

Rita said...

Nobody's life is one long sunshine story. ;)