Monday, September 9, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 9 September 2013


We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity… [Max de Pree] 

We NEED to DO this so we can RECEIVE this. “We” implies, perhaps even demands, that what is given is received. While I can give others space to grow, BE, and exercise diversity, if WE DO those same things, WE are assured of receiving.

…We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion. [M.d.P.]

Like I said BEfore…

Still, it is this receiving thing that gives me trouble over and over again. EVEN, it seems, when I DON’T receive I have “trouble” with receiving. But that’s an entirely other kettle of fish hooks.

Receiving is an art. It requires certain skills. Timing. So much more [which probably underlines why I have such difficulty there…]

The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. [Leo Buscaglia]

This simplifies it. This makes the sort of sense I need to make of this…

I think Receiving is about one’s capability. Willingness. Commitment. Even intention.

All that… 


I love you, Currie

No comments: