Saturday, September 14, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 14 September 2013


We learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same. One becomes in some area an athlete of God. [Martha Graham] 

Life is Practise. It is always in progress. Under construction. In renovation. Expectant. Hopeful. Possible.

Life is learning. It is a new skill combined in an old way or an old habit repurposed imaginatively. Unexpectedly.

Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave. [Mary Tyler Moore] 

I have been practising at making mistakes. Encouraging failure. Trying NOT to manage or bother myself with the HOWs.

I try things out. Or on. Sleep on them. Wait a few days, weeks, more BEfore acting. Just to BE able to DO this is freedom. JOY. Hopeful BEyond my wildest dreams.

Practise may well BE the way to Carnegie Hall, yet it is also how I have learned to live Life. To BE Present in My Life. Nothing is forever. Things come and they pass. Other things come, too, to pass. It is a dance. Danced over on stages far past where I can see.

Live. BE great. Don’t wait. Don’t worry. So what if you trip over your feet?!  


I love you, Currie

No comments: