Thursday, September 12, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 12 September 2013


I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. [Dr. Seuss]

The other day I wrote about feeling overwhelmed. About getting lost in the HOW of my move’s details. Of details that I think insignificant. This is BEcause I lost my beam on Laughter. It is always there, the ability to laugh, even in the midst of tears and frustration. It’s essential. I love when Dr. Seuss and I are on the same page.

Most comedy is based on getting a laugh at somebody else's expense. And I find that that's just a form of bullying in a major way. So I want to be an example that you can be funny and be kind, and make people laugh without hurting somebody else's feelings. [Ellen DeGeneres]

The thing about Laughter is it can BE used incorrectly. It can BE unkind. Hurtful. Damaging. I often cringe at my having laughed AT someone. It is Laughter I canNOT take back. Ever…

We don't laugh because we're happy - we're happy because we laugh. [William James]  

Simple. Science. I love how that works… Every. Single. Time. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I think it's really a laugh a day keeps the doctor away. ;) Whenever I lose my sense of humor I know I am in trouble.