Sunday, September 8, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 8 September 2013


A friend is a present you give yourself. [Robert Louis Stevenson]

I had a card with that quote on it, and I realise that HAVING my “stuff” is NOT essential. I will NEVER forget those words. I will ALWAYS remember their truth and application.

I’ve come to know myself as someone always preferring to give. It is NOT that I don’t enJOY what is given me, it’s just that I am more comfortable giving. [I think it explains a LOT of my lack of success in jobs where I had to sell… it also clarifies WHY I am so resistant to DOing what is necessary to sell my art.]

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. [Winston Churchill]

Who knew there could BE such wisdom in just a few simple words?! I’ve been dancing uphill and backwards with my “get” for a few years Now. Taking my sweet time to accept there was something I COULD DO to help myself.

And Now, within inches of grasping hold of HOW to make that work and BE enough, I’m focusing solely on the “making a Life” part. Giving what ONLY I CAN give.

accept whatever comes… meet it with courage and the best you have to give. [Eleanor Roosevelt] 


I love you, Currie

No comments: