Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 25 September 2013


Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky. [Rainer Maria Rilke]

I just love how this captures the essence of growth in love. For most of my Life I have seen how love restricts and disengages growth. To realise that distances and differences remain and evolve, well that’s pretty much a magic key.

You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. [Swami Vivekananda] 

I always had this inside-out and upside-down. I tried to BE spiritual. BE more evolved. BE wise. BE fill-in-the-blank any old way… Yet especially at this point in my Life, there is a dawning realisation that it IS an inside job. And no force or determination to have it my way will change that one bit.

Ahhhhhhh… Breathe in the grace of that one.

We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. [Max de Pree] 

Another long-held misunderstanding, Now I know better. And I hope I DO better as well… 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I didn't need the outside growing, though--LOL! ;)