Friday, September 20, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 20 September 2013


Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory. [Alan Alda] 

I haven’t always been bold. I’ve been a risk-taker. I have acted foolishly. I have screwed-up in extreme and ridiculous ways. But I never considered what I did to BE bold.

Nowadays, well, I am bolder. Sometimes bodacious even. I go all-in. I lean forward into Life’s unknown. I LIVE.

Sometimes I get so bold and I'm so confident about what I'm doing that I actually try to be more of a dork because it's a really liberating feeling to experience what it's like to not care.  [John Mayer] 

I’ve learned to love my dorkiness. My odd way of Life. Going to sleep BEfore the 5 and 6-year olds in the front house. Waking long BEfore the sun. Writing each morning. Sharing some of it. DOing Life the way I DO Now. I don’t apologise for it. I accept it. I embrace it. I LIVE IT, boldly.

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. [Helen Keller] 

This is a remarkable philosophy. And one I’m embracing with gusto. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." Basil King