Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 18 September 2013


Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. [Harriet Tubman]

Always remember… isn’t this so BEautimously elusive?! Don’t we all have short [or longer] lists of always remembers?! This is one reason for my deLIGHT in the word. Remember is a gift, a skill, and, when embraced with deep integrity, capable of blessing us BEyond imagination.

Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. [Benjamin Franklin]

This is one of my ever evolving aims. A goal set and reset. And one which I seem… yes, daily to fall short of realising. MayBE I am BEing too harsh… Perhaps I have forgotten where and when I hit the mark. In any event… Remembering to say only a little, and only what is essential, this gives me focus and direction.

If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled. [Red Skelton]

And still people wonder that I dreamt of BEcoming a clown… 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I love the Red Skelton quote!
When I was about fifteen I remember writing a poem and something at the end about hoping that when I am gone I hoped people would think of me and smile. I forgot all about that. :)