Monday, September 23, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 23 September 2013


There's a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I've got to see my friends 'cause I'm too content being by myself.  [Drew Barrymore]

I think about contrasts. Is it lonely BEing alone?! Is BEing alone a “negative” thing?! Isn’t aloneness often exhilarating and enJOYable?! I have come upon a variety of answers though NOT all fit all the time.

However, hanging out with Gracie, my constant and one true companion, this has allowed me to put loneliness, alone time, Solitude, and BEing Me, whether alone or among others, into a perspective I can [and DO] live with very contentedly. Now…

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. [Christopher Morley] 

I’m thinking Christopher knows what he’s talking about. And quite frankly, I think most of the dog people I know recognise his brilliance in this observation.

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. [Charles M. Schulz] 

NOT that this is a complaint… 


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I can be with my dog in a croud of friends and my focus is still on her. There is a special kind of love between man and animal ... an insight into what love is capable of being yet rarely is between people. Too much ego or self introspection with people. A dog looks in one direction ... at you, and with nothing but love in her heart. Love this post Currie ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Rita said...

I have loved each of my dogs and cats. They are such great company. Life is emptier without fur. ;)