Thursday, April 2, 2015

2 April 2015


Love your neighbor, even the ones who do not show you the same courtesy. You can’t expect to receive love if you’re selective and not really willing to give it. What you put into the world, you will indeed get back, even if it’s not from the person you’re expecting it to be.   [Alexandra Elle, Words from a Wanderer]

Cancer is teaching me daily how little I know. How much I skate. How hard it is for me to DO the sorts of things that I BElieve matter “most” or at least more than pretty much anything else. I guess that’s all okay though. I DO love learning and I shall only EVER know such a small bit of all there is…

Readying my art, much of it several years old Now, has been such a BEautimous adventure. So, okay, TOO many times I thought it enough just to make it. I came to wonder if I shouldn’t just leave it as is, until the day I realised what giving my art, all of it, to Hospice of the Valley actually means to me.

So much of my wrongheadedness and cornfuzzlement rise out of my thinking I know what I am DOing.

Truth?! I don’t. I just follow that red bouncing ball is all.

And I’m loving it.


I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Rita said...

I think you donating all your art is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Glad the ball bounced in that direction. ;)

Unknown said...

How wonderful to experience your art again. It probably looks different than the day you made it, because you are looking at with different eyes.

Carol said...

Donating your art to something that has been good for you is a VERY POSITIVE THING! It feels right all the way around. Sending you LOVE & STRENGTH & HEALING OF SPIRIT.