Friday, April 10, 2015

10 April 2015


My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. That in itself is an accomplishment. And they bring to mind something else, too. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has, in many places, left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has actually made me better equipped to face the present.   [Steve Goodier]

We got down to some important business on the physical as well the “affairs in order” work yesterday. Had to make an urgent call to hospice. There is this matter of a cough that is making my body feel like it has been bunjee-jumped-on. I lose my breath. It is all rather unattractive, too. Makes me wonder, during this rare time of windows open at night, if I am disturbing my neighbours.

Getting those things moving, coming to a variety of places of Peace with how things seem to BE hurrying themselves up BEfore I was ready. [you know, it was one year ago today when I wrote my Gratitude and shared about the cancer… you’ve all been such remarkable encouragers and kind thoughty friends]

Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.   [José N. Harris]

Life’s precious. Dive in!!!


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Aww! I would be worrying about the neighbors, too. But life is filled with things that are not perfect or annoying or disturbing. Your contribution is small, in that respect. And not deliberate. They'll get over it. LOL! Appreciate the windows-open weather!
Love and hugs!! :):):)

Carol said...

Don't worry too much about the neighbors. Nine times out if ten they sleep tight through everything and the one that doesn't will get over it soon enough. I can't believe it's been a year already. So thankful that you are at a place of PEACE with all that is happening. . I pray daily for you and the Healing of Spirit that we have talked about before. Sending you LOVE & STRENGTH to go with it ♡♡♡♡♡