Wednesday, April 1, 2015

1 April 2015


And that is just the point... how the world, moist and beautiful, calls to each of us to make a new and serious response. That's the big question, the one the world throws at you every morning. "Here you are, alive. Would you like to make a comment?” [Mary Oliver]

The writings of Mary Oliver have the capacity to unDO and deLIGHT me. I hear my own voice, the one that chatters on when I am by myself, each time I read her work.

So here I am, alive and ready to BE April’s #1 Fool. Writing, here, or communicating some one of the other amazing ways we humans in 2015 get to, there’s where you’ll find my comment.

Today it is this: Life is Good. It’s also messy and puzzling and often annoying, but YES YES YES, Life Is Good!!

A dog comes to you and lives with you in your own house, but you do not therefore own her, as you do not own the rain, or the trees, or the laws which pertain to them...
A dog can never tell you what she knows from the smells of the world, but you know, watching her, that you know almost nothing...
   [Mary Oliver]

10 years of living with Gracie have given me such glorious ignorance.


I love you, Currie

3 comments:

drew said...

"The world calls to each of us."

Indeed. Thanks for sharing these lines and ideas and gratitudes.

Carol said...

♥ ... and so I have only just begun to listen to that call...♥

Rita said...

Yes, Life is good.
When I was a kid my dog taught me all about unconditional love. I would never have known it, otherwise. :)