Monday, June 18, 2012

Currie's Gratitude 18 June 2012

       LEARN WHO YOU ARE Ó2012 Currie Silver

Learn Who YOU Are
What makes your heart sing
What takes your breath away
What lights your eyes
What invites you to play
To dance
To BEYOU.

BEginnings are NOT so different from endings. In fact, they are usually pretty good at exchanging the baton, one flowing into the other. So is it true for ME today.

I am 59 today, entering my 60th year, as my mother will no doubt remind me when we talk. I’ve never liked that notion much and Now?! MayBE I’m liking it a little bit more.

As I travel the next 365 days, I intend to go right on learning who I am. My mind and heart open, my judgmental bits set aside.

I thought 50 was a big deal, and I suppose in its ways it was, but it has been the decade since turning 50 that has seemed to show myself to me. I have spent this decade mostly alone. NOT all, just mostly.

I am grateful I was born BEcause, for the most part, I find ME intriguing and have remained curious about what is possible. What may BE round the next bend. What could BE if I’d just LET GO and spread my birdbrain little wings and just take flight…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

joanne said...

what a lovely and colorful painting, and your poem is a great affirmation of life.....