Thursday, March 26, 2015

26 March 2015


Some things I cannot change, but 'til I try I'll never know.   [Stephen Schwartz, Wicked: The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Broadway Musical]

I’m comfortable with knowing the difference BEtween those things I CAN and those I canNOT change. Despite that, I find myself open to trying things, things that may by themselves seem inconsequential, yet gathered together and considered again, can make all the difference I never imagined could BE different.

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn. 
And we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return.
 
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you...
   [Stephen Schwartz, Wicked: The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Broadway Musical]

There are so many people, over my Life’s Time, who come to mind [and heart] when I hear these words. It isn’t always a happy thought, but there’s always JOY in the remembering.

People, it seems, really DO need people, for so many reasons we’ll never BE able to put our fingers on… We aren’t here, together, BEcause someone got it all wrong; we’re here and together BEcause we need each other.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your posting today touched me in oh so many ways. I especially love the last paragraph! Thinking of you always my friend and sending you LOVE & STRENGTH & HEALING OF SPIRIT.

Rita said...

Looking back I bumped into so many different people who have come and gone--jobs, places I lived, schools, hospitals, clinics, stores, etc. There are some people I only connected with for one day for just a short period of time and yet I remember them. Yet there are people I worked with or saw regularly for months or years who I barely remember. Some connections remain over the decades and other drop away. Humanity is like a huge connected web. I am glad we connected. :)