Thursday, March 12, 2015

12 March 2015


Everyone thinks you make mistakes when you're young. But I don't think we make any fewer when we're grown up.   [Jodi Picoult]

I thrive on making mistakes. Some of them are actually rather fun, yet all of them are great teachers. And nowadays, making mistakes is more real than ever. At least for me. If I spend more energy than is in my tank, so to speak, I have all that time of refreshing the batteries to look for the lessons and gifts of DOing More than I presently can.

Sometimes, when you don't ask questions, it's not because you are afraid that someone will lie to your face. It's because you're afraid they'll tell you the truth.   [ Jodi Picoult]

I’ve noticed this reluctance in me anymore round listening to the stuff and nonsense others preach, shout, and point out as “dangerous” or “wrong” for me. I’ve been like that to others too much to NOT see straight through it.

And still, I deeply value those brave souls who tell me when I look really tired. When they give me a way back in when I’ve gone outside myself, that is priceless.

Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.   [Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper]

I think they always show themselves. Almost always…


I love you, Currie 

1 comment:

Rita said...

I find that overdoing it is really difficult to judge with a low energy tank. One day I could, "feeling" just the same, do something and be okay but another day do the same exact thing and pay a price for a good while after...even a day or two. Unpredictable. So, I try to go for it when I can. What the heck. I am going to feel some level of crummy either way. :)

My laptop died and I was offline for over a week. Nice to see your bright paintings again! :)