Thursday, March 19, 2015

19 March 2015


You can listen to silence, Reuven. I've begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own. It talks to me sometimes. I feel myself alive in it. It talks. And I can hear it. You have to want to listen to it, and then you can hear it. It has a strange, beautiful texture. It doesn't always talk. Sometimes - sometimes it cries, and you can hear the pain of the world in it. It hurts to listen to it then. But you have to.   [Chaim Potok, The Chosen]

Daily I learn to listen. Daily I learn to love the sweetnesses of Quiet, Silence, and Pausing.

I used to BE someone who didn’t know how to BE quiet. How to wait. How to hear what is important. And I often tuned people out. Is it any wonder that so late in Life I discover something I thought I disliked is actually my preference?!

Music is a total constant…  a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment.   [Sarah Dessen, Just Listen]

This is utterly true.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Ah! I have heard and felt the pain of the world alone in silence.
Music can transcend time...sometimes in just a few beats that vibrate the memory cells in your brain--LOL! ;)

Carol said...

I love your line..."Daily I learn to listen. Daily I learn to love the sweetnesses of Quiet, Silence, and Pausing." a lesson that was long in learning for myself too. Music has came and gone and came again as an must in my life. I have found of late that I appreciate it more and more and my choices has become even more eclectic than ever.
Sending you LOVE & STRENGTH & HEALING OF SPIRIT.