Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 23 July 2014


It's not getting from A to B. It's not the beginning or the destination that counts. It's the ride in between...This train is alive with things that should be seen and heard. It's a living, breathing something -- you just have to want to learn its rhythm.   [David Baldacci, The Christmas Train]

A new ride BEgins. I feel hopeful. I have prepared for a multitude of possibilities and I hope that I have way overdone that. Still, it feels good to take care of myself. To listen. And respect what I hear inside me.

Abhor victimhood. Denounce entitlement. Neither are gifts, rather cages to damn the soul. Everyone who has walked this earth is a victim of injustice. Everyone.
Most of all, do not be too quick to denounce your sufferings. The difficult road you are called to walk may, in fact be your only path to success.  
[Richard Paul Evans, A Winter Dream]

What I know Now that I did NOT know 4 months ago is that I CAN live with cancer. It has adjusted to me as I have adjusted to it. I surely did NOT see this coming.

I didn’t know how much I can depend on me. JOYously. Easily. And pretty much all the time.

Which is WHY I so deeply trust this journey…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I don't know what that painting is but I like it. :)

It is always kind of a surprise what we find out we can live with sometimes, isn't it? Bless you!! Keep smiling!! :):)