Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 16 July 2014


...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?   [L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables]

Staying open to Wonder is a requirement for me. It is non-negotiable. Even with this cancer stuff. I approach it with Wonder. I look at this experience as an immense opportunity to learn, discover, BE wrong, and even BE afraid.

When you don't cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life that was lost a long time ago when humanity, instead of using thought, became possessed by thought.   [Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose]

I am moving into another phase of treatment and again I have a LOT of questions. And I know they will remain questions that can only BE answered by Experience. I try to imagine, I read, and I hope that I will BE strong enough to remain open to Wonder.

You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down  [Charles Chaplin]

It is good to realise this truth. And it is truly true!!!

I love you, Currie


1 comment:

Rita said...

I hope this new phase goes well and easily for you.
Love the Chaplin quote!! :) :)