Thursday, July 17, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 17 July 2014


Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.   [Graham Greene]

I am grateful that I write. The act of writing, NOT the product, is key. I am saved time and again by this simple act of stringing words together.

Most of us forget to take time for wonder, praise and gratitude until it is almost too late. Gratitude is a many-colored quality, reaching in all directions. It goes out for small things and for large; it is a God-ward going.   [Faith Baldwin, Many Windows, Seasons of the Heart]

I think BEing an adult can imply that Wonder is seen as a childish quality. That’s just wrong. Wonder is what makes me get up in the morning and what calls me to sleep again in the evening.

It makes me wonder, Do we spend most of our days trying to remember or forget things? Do we spend most of our time running towards or away from our lives? I don't know.   [Markus Zusak, Fighting Ruben Wolfe]

Hmmmmmmm…

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.   [e. e. cummings]


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

I totally agree with you! Wonder, joy, discovery, amazement, honesty, curiosity, lack of guile...all those "childish" qualities are something adults should cling to. I always prayed I'd never lose that childish part of myself--ever. Haven't so far. ;)

Anke Martin said...

Hi Currie, yes. Writing is magic. Thanks for sharing those wonderful quotes and your beautiful deep words of wisdom. More light to you xoxoxo, smiles, Anke :)